Hi all, I've tried, over and over asking these type of questions on
another list, and have gotten no responses, so, I need to ask again,
and hopefully, somebody can help me.  I can shoutcast, but I was using
winamp 2.92, shoutcast 1.80, the shoutcast server 1.92 server, the sqr
cross fader 1.65, and the audio stocker plugin, but, during the main
menu tutorials that Jonathan Mosen presented on shoutcasting, he
mentioned pairing up the shoutcast, and the audio stocker plugins, and
when I had winamp 5.01, I tried the basic means of shoutcasting, but
having the shoutcast plugin second in command, but as long as the
shoutcast plugin was second in command, I couldn't use the linerec
plugin, even though it would show up in the title bar, and I could hear
my voice on the mic, my voice didn't go out over the air, and my
question is, that somebody had said, you need the dsp stacker for this
to work, and my question is, if this is true, first, during the
tutorial, why wasn't this problem brought up, if, in fact, the linerec
plugin wouldn't work without the dsp stacker, or, is it that the only
stacking necessary is done by the pairing of the shoutcast plugin, and
the shoutcast muxer.dll?  I have just installed winamp 5.03A, with all
the settings intact, but I don't know if I'm setting up these plugins
correctly, because, when I would try to close winamp, after
broadcasting, I'd always get an illegal operations message, so maybe
the shoutcast plugin was trying to hang on, or something like that.  I
don't use sam encoders, or the thomas limiter, or anything like that,
and am using one instance of winamp right now, so, here is what I do.
First, I select the audio stocker plugin from the dsp plugins, then
from the output plugins, I select the sqr soft cross fader, then go to
configure, and then, focus on the tab control, and right arrow over to
dsp, and from the list view after the combo box, I select s for
shoutcast, which puts it at the bottom of the list, and then the
shoutcast plugin comes up, I can go in to the shoutcast plugin from the
system tray, provided the shoutcast server is up, and press the connect
button, but when I left click to kill the shoutcast server, and say yes
to close it, then, when I try to turn off everything off in winamp, and
close it, that's when I get the illegal operations message, but all it
says is, winamp caused an invallid page fault in module unknown, which
doesn't help much, so, am I doing something incorrectly in setting up
these plugins, or what?  Also, I have noticed, that when the shoutcast
plugin is second in command, when ever I start winamp, the shoutcast
plugin comes up in the system tray, even though no dsp plugins are
selected, and even though the waveout.dll plugin is selected in the
output plugins, and why is this?  I ask this, because, while the
shoutcast plugin comes up when winamp starts, this causes a focus
problem, whereby when I close winamp, I don't land back in the folder
that's opened when I close winamp, after listening to something,
instead, I end up on the task bar, so, I need to turn everything off
after shoutcasting.  Hopefully, with winamp 5.03A, I won't have this
problem, but don't know, things may be worse.  All this, with
window-eyes 4.5sp3, windows 98 se, and winamp 2.92, though I don't know
if this problem will still occurr with winamp 5.03A, and right now, I
have my sounds and filters enabled, and the advanced controls and what
you hear checked, so I can't broadcast, without my sounds coming
through, and wish, in the shoutcast plugin, that there would be an
option, that said, disable system sounds when the shoutcast plugin is
running, because going through and disabling my filters is a pain.
Thanks for reading, but I want my system to behave propperly.  I also
am using 192 megs of ram, and a 400 megs processor, if this helps also.

Marty