The thing about ripping with Nero is unless you buy the MP3Pro plug in, it
won't let you save in MP3 format.  The MP3Pro plug in lets you save in
either MP3Pro or MP3 format.  However Nero includes it as a demo and will
let you test with it for thirty days.
With that having been said:
Go to your programs menu, Nero, nero ultra edition, and run nero burning
rom.
Hit the escape key to leave the initial dialog.
Go to the menu called "extras" and choice save tracks.
It will list your cd drives, make sure it has the correct drive selected,
tab and enter on okay.
It will ask if you want to use the Nero CDDB, enter on yes.  It will bring
up a window while trying to retrieve the track information. if you tab
around you will find various buttons.
This process can take a minute or two.  If you use your jaws cursor you will
find a line at the bottom that tells the time remaining.
When it is done it will bring up back to the prior dialog and list your
tracks and you select what you want or use the select all button.  Keep
tabbing and you make other choices here such as output file format and where
to save the tracks.  Then tab and enter on "GO".
It will bring up a progress window that will tell the track it is ripping.
When it is done, on my XP machine it saved the tracks in
C:\Documents and Settings\Debbie\My Documents
That should get you started, good luck.
Debbie