Hi, I have a creative sound blaster PCI and windows
 xp, when I go in to the adjust volume for record I
 can
 adjust the mic volume numbers, but they don't mean a
 thing. When I record in gold wave, the volume
 remains
 the same whether the number is 0, 500 or anything
 in
 between. The only way the volume can be adjusted is
 with the track bar when I'm in an I vocalize chat
 room. If I go out of the chat room, the volume snaps
 back to the original unchangeable level. The numbers
 lie! I even tried unchecking microphone boost,
 that's
 in playback though, and it didn't do any good. It's
 very odd.
 Shawn