these are the same noaa voices that I hear up here in New England. They've probably adopted that program all around the nation. Yes, I think the male voice is great.

Rusty
> At 07:37 PM 8/27/2004, Ray Slaton spake thusly:-
Hey Guys,

The subject of noaa weather radio and the synthetic speech has come up once
in a while on the list.
If you want to hear some really clear speech you should dial the Miami
Florida national weather service at

305 229-4522.

They use a program called the V I P voice improvement program.
It's been out about a year.
It uses a male and female voice.  The male sounds the clearest.
But the hourly station ID  uses the real robotic sounding speech of an
earlier program.
I really like the male voice.
What do you think?

Ray Slaton
Tallahassee, Florida

PS.  This is not a toll free number normal long distance charges apply.

"A man is not old until his regrets take the place of dreams." (John Barrymore)

Check out my web site at:
http://www.thesoundzone.com