Hello,

I wonder whether anyone on the list is using a Yamaha SW1000 sound card
under XP.  A friend of mine used to use this sound card on a PC running
Windows ME and didn't have any problems with it, but now that he's got a new
PC running XP Pro, the sound card often seems to lock up and repeats the
same note over and over again as if it's gone into a loop.  He has 1 gb of
memory in the PC, so that shouldn't be the problem, but we're at a loss as
to what to try to resolve it.  The sound card hasn't developed a fault as he
moved it back into the old PC just to check and it worked perfectly.

If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong, I'd be glad to hear from
you.

Thanks,

Caroline.