And if you call Gateway with a tech support problem with something that's in the computer like hardware or a piece of software, they'll ask if you got it from Gateway; and if you say "no," they'll say that they're sorry and they can't help you.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Novath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: new member on list here.

My sister has a Gateway computer she swears she'll never part with. It is a reliable machine. The only thing that swerved me away from Gateway computers is that Gateway will not let you open up the cabinet even for something as simple as installing a sound card. If you take it on yourself to do something like that, you void that part of your warranty. Gateway wants you to ship the machine back to them for such installations.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Hutchins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>