Hi George.

Can't  give those details for this particular model but I expect with
regards to the shuffle question it will be the same as that for my own
player the jukebox 2.

Basically, you connect the player to your computer using the USB connection
and then use the notmad explorer software to access the audio tracks.  This
is a folder on the MP3 player that contains all of your MP3, WAV & WMA
files.

You can then either use control + A to select all tracks or highlight a
single track.  You then press the applications key which will bring up a
context menu.  Arrowing down the list will give you options such as play,
play on your computer and add to playlist.  You add the track or tracks to
the playlist.  You have the option to add to an existing playlist or to
create a new playlist of your own naming.

When you have added all of the tracks that you want in your playlist, you
then press backspace to take you up a level which takes you out of the audio
tracks folder and puts you in the main area.  Pressing the letter P will
take you to playlists and pressing enter will open this folder.  You can
then arrow up and down the list of playlists until you find the playlist
you're interested in.  When it's highlighted, press the applications key
again and a context menu will open.  Simply arrow down to shuffle and press
enter.

You now have a random playlist.

Generally, I only have one playlist that I've called unimaginatively "All".
At present, there's only 355 tracks in there but I've had nearly 2,000
tracks in a playlist previously.

The jukebox 2 is a 10GB player and can hold approximately 2,500 MP3 files
encoded at 128kbps or 5,000 WMA files.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]