i happy thanksgiving terry and am glad that you like your iowa boom box.
----- Original Message ----- From: "TerriStimmel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 6:25 PM
Subject: Aiwa boombox

Hello everyone,
I got a call this weekend, that my Aiwa boombox I ordered was in. So on
Monday I went and picked it up.
It is terrific. I am really glad that I kept looking, and that I sent the
Sony back.
I don't have the bleed in with my NPR station like I did with that Sony, and
I am very happy about this.
Also, for the last three nights, I've listened to WSM an AM station out of
Tennessee.
This station is the home of the Grand Ole Opry.
I've never been able to pick up this station before, so this is just cool!
I haven't really gotten around to messing with the tape deck, or CD player
yet. But I have no doubt that I will like them.
I did test the tape deck while looking at the display model.
The price on the Aiwa website is less than what I paid, but I don't mind. I
think the price was definitely worth it.
Here is the model number for anyone who's interested.
CSD-DX51
This thing sounds absolutely wonderful.
There are still some buttons that I haven't figured out. And it took me a
day or two to get used to where things were. But now it's not as confusing
to me.
However, one thing I don't understand, is why I seem to have four buttons
for going threw the radio stations.
If I'm using the two on the right, and I lock on a channel, but then switch
using the left buttons, I'll end up back on the last station. If I go back
to using the right two buttons.
I was wondering if maybe there are two FM bands, but I wasn't sure if that
was possible. And the info you get from the Aiwa website, doesn't say
anything about that.
Well, everyone have a happy Thanksgiving.
Terri