Bruce and list members:  No..I don't think this is correct..for I do have a
friend who has been recording stuff for me..and it's definitely in stereo!
As for the "attributes" thing..a little over my head; I'm sure that my
friend (who is on this list) can dichiper that one for me..ya listening,,
Don?  Thanks to all who have responded so far!
Tom Kaufman P.S.  I'm trying to record streamming audio; the station uses
"Windows Media"..and I'm formating them as MP3 files; hope this helps.