Hi all,

I want to be able to record via a preamp through my external sound card on
my hP Pavilion t3000 laptop, and I want to be able to hear it while I'm
recording.

If I use a microphone and no external sound card, I can unmute the mic on
the output side in Volume control, and I can then monitor my recording.
However, I want to be able to record in stereo, so I purchased a

USBW-USB510

 sound card from usb-ware.com.
It came with a funky little audio program on a 3.5 inch disk, but it does
not seem to have a facility for listening to what's being recorded.

Does anyone know of a generic volume control program that might do what I am
seeking to do?
Again, my goal is to record in stereo and be able to monitor while I'm
recording.

Thanks.