Hello List!

I recently signed up for the XM Radio Online Service.  I have been able to play
a few stations online, but for the most part, it is a hit and miss proposition.
 I emailed XM Radio with my complaints and asked them for a better way of
accessing their stations online.  They say they are committed to helping "all"
of their customers and want their service to work for us all.  I have one of
their receivers and boombox setups and the radio works fine, except for a
periodic satellite-reaching problem.  I'm in an apartment and sometimes I lost
signal when the antenna falls or someone walks across the signal in another
oom.  They could bet a better antenna for those radios.  It would also be good
if they had a Direct TV type setup and we could use Direct TV or Dish dishes to
run our radios.  I hear it works fine in cars.  Maybe they have small dishes on
cars.  The home system antenna does not have a dish, just a long antenna.

What is wrong with just having buttons or links that work upon "pressing the
enter key" or "pressing the spacebar" to reach a station or stream.  They can
still have this linked to security password and user name set up.  Or they
could offer a text only version for those who use screen readers (as a separate
page); then we could go there first and then have the links list right in front
of us and could click on anyone we please.  There is only 65 or so choices.
I'm sure someone on this list would be glad to help them out along these lines.

I haven't tried the other service, but you must have a radio to have access to
their streams.  I hear their streams are free to radio subscribers.  XM Radio
should try this too.  Or the other service should change their policy and make
their internet streams available for subscription alone.

James Robinsonon e