Hello everyone,

I've got a friend who is having a problem with Nero.
He didn't have this problem, until he connected an external CD burner to his
computer.

He was using version 5.5 without any problems.  Then, when he connected up
this external burner it was as if Nero couldn't recognize it.  All it shows
is that he has that virtual recorder.

Well, I remembered having this problem, so I told him that he should try
upgrading to version 6, and see if this fixes his problem.  So he did that.

His problem wasn't solved.  And it turns out that this external CD burner is
not new, he's had it for about three, or four years.
He did update the driver to the latest one he was able to find, so that's
not the issue.

My thinking now, is that there must be something we need to do, in order for
it to work.  Or that this particular model won't work with Nero at all.

What do you all think?  Is my friend's problem fixable or not?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Terri