I don't use AIM much, but from what I can tell the latest version should
be fine.  It detects whether you've got a screen reader installed or not,
and customizes itself a bit for easier use by someone using a screen
reader.  Like I said, I'm no expert, but it looks like it turns off some
of the inaccessible features, like news feeds and the like.

Christopher

Christopher J Chaltain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bob Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/19/2005 11:35 PM
Please respond to
"PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>

"PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
cc

Subject
Instant Messenger and speech

Hi list.  I want to install AOL Instant Messenger and need to know:
Which version works best with JFW?
They are all available from
www.oldversion.com
Does anyone have a suggestion?  The older versions are often easier to use
as they are not loaded up with graphics and needless optional features
that
play havoc with speech output.   Thanks for your help.
Bob C, Berkeley California