Hi all!

I wish to begin making some recordings from an external satellite receiver to the hard drive of my computer, and am somewhat undecided on whether to choose soundforge or goldwave for the task.

I'm a complete novice in respect of pc recording, having no previous experience of either program, so would like to initially choose one and stick with it.

I'd really appreciate any opinions or comments regarding the merits or otherwise of each program before making a decision.

The version of SF I have is 5.0, purchased a couple of years ago. I've also downloaded the trial version of goldwave 5.10.

Any comments, either via the list or privately would be most welcome.

thanks,

Tim.