Tim, according to the review in AccessWatch, the IPod is supposed to have the ability to play audio books at faster speeds, but the reviewer couldn't make it work. Have you tried, and with any success? I'm still looking for a way to speed books up without having recourse to expensive devices made for the blind, though I may have to go that route eventually.

Dean

At 01:14 AM 3/14/2005, you wrote:
You all should try things before you proclaim them inaccessible. I've been using a first generation Ipod since it came out. The hardest thing to use is the Itunes software, but if you choose the Anapod software, it's as accessible as Windows Explorer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarai D. Bucciarelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: I-pod questions

I don't know about the IBM, but IPODS can play MP3 WMA, and wave files, as
well as Audible books. They're not that accessible for blind users. I know
there is an alternative to Itunes, but still its not accessible. Access
World did a review of the Ipod.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt E. Yount" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>