hello steve and all,

thanks you had it exactly right.
this evening i called my isp, and the first thing i heard was a message
saying their dsl gateway problem has been solved and suggesting people turn
off their modems for a few minutes and then turn them back on again as the
work they did could have affected 40000 of their customers.
i did this and now everything is working ok with the acbradio site.
it's rather odd as the acbradio site was the only problem it caused me, i
was listening to streaming audio on other sites and visted dozens of other
sites over the 2 days without any trouble.
but that's computers for you.

pete.