Dean, there is no unit with which one can correct errors in MP3 files
easyly. All the recorders with which one can do that use DSS (digital
speech standard). The only recorders with wich one can at least divide
an MP3 file are the Sanyos, (ICR-B180NX for instance). As much as I
know, they're a bit difficult to get in the U S. and to divide an MP3
file, you'd have to use an item from the menu system. With the PTR1, one
can only modify index files for the recorded MP3 stuff. The recorder
cannot modify the audio files. One has to use the supplied Plextalk
recording software to actually put the modifications of the index files
into the audio files. Yes, it has a line-in (somebody asked).

If you really want MP3, a Sanyo like the already mentioned ICR-B180NX is
the best choice IMHO. It has a built-in speaker and a built-in stereo
microphone.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>