Hi John,

Well, I tried everything today.  I've run diagnostics, tried every piece of
software I've got on this machine to play the DVD, I've run updates and I'm
thoroughly disgusted.

I purchased Ray on DVD with video description and was all ready to watch it
last night and 24 hours later I still can't get the darn thing to work.

I finally got mad and sent an e-mail to CyberLink and asked them what the
latest upgrade for PowerDvd was and if they had any solution to my problem.

I even got out all the discs that came with this computer when I bought it
18 months ago to see if there were any with later versions of the DVD
software on them, but there weren't.  It reads data discs and plays audio
discs just fine but not DVD's.

There's a guy about 20 miles from here who works on computers and he also
builds them from scratch for people.  He has helped me out in the past and I
think I'm going to give him a call Monday morning and see if he can help me
troubleshoot over the phone.  And, if not, maybe he can stop by and take a
look at things for me.  If he comes up with an answer, I'll let you know
because it might solve your problem, too.

Thanks much, John.

Kris