What you are saying is that if you select what you here in the recording properties dialog box, that TR will record everything that comes through the soundcard, including your software speech. This is why the driver comes in handy when ever it is convenient to use it, which may not include recording a Windows Media live stream. Total recorder contains a setting that will turn off all of your system sounds when recording through the soundcard, but again, if you are using software speech, you will not be able to use it while using the what you hear option if you are particularly concerned about making a clean recording, which I'm sure you are.

BTW, what stream are you trying to record. Please send me the URL, and I'll try to record it myself. I was just thinking. Will the software driver work if you have digital rights management turned off in MediaPlayer? Maybe that could be your problem.

Larry