From: "Yardbird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC-Audio" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:41 PM
Subject: Ipodder won't install

Having decided to spend some time this Sunday afternoon reading up on how to
subscribe to and download podcasts, I launched the copy of Ipodder 2.0 that
I'd successfully installed a couple of weeks ago.

I was about to explore the interface and its menus and options with Jaws,
when I got a notice that there was an update available that resolved some
pI-Tunes related issue.  Well, I don't use I tunes, but, thinking this would
be a harmless and easy procedure, I clicked yes to allow myself to be taken
online to a download site that I think was called EasyNews.

I found the link for downloading Ipodder for Win XP, eventually was
delivered the download after a few minutes' wait in queue, I suppose.

Then I clicked on the executable file in its destination folder to begin the
installation.  I assumed it would overwrite and supersede my earlier Ipodder
version with no difficulty,

Immediately upon beginning the actual installation process, I got a dramatic
Windows error tone and the message that some file couldn't be written.
Well, I didn't know what that implied or signified, so I tried out the Retry
option, which didn't work, then the Ignore option, which also didn't work,
and finally cancelled the installation.

I wondered, maybe it's in conflict with the existing copy of Ipodder that's
already on my computer?  So, just to be on the safe side, I went to the
Ipodder icon on my programs menu and uninstalled the old copy.  Then I
attempted to run the installation of the new V. 2.0.3 again.

Same thing happened.  It couldn't write one file, I clicked on Ignore (why
would it be offered, this Ignore option, if it didn't help?) and tried to
proceed, but then it couldn't write the *next* file.  Well, I don't know
what any of this means, but I figured I'd better just cancel and come here
to ask if anyone know what's happening to me, and what I might do to rectify
it, get Ipodder set up again, and begin to learn how to use it.

Thanks, all.