From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of G. McFarlane
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:58 PM
To: PC-Audio
Subject: Audigy Digital Out

Hi
Can someone verify or correct this please?
I recently bought a Creative Audigy 2 Zs card which has a digital out
socket. My intention was to connect it to my 7.1 amplifier (as I had done
previously  from my onboard soundcard - coaxial to coaxial)  On purchasing
the Audigy I discovvered that the digital out is a 3.5mm jack rather than
the standard coaxial phono.

Questions:

1. What kind of plug should I use (I gather I should get 5.1 stereo out of
this digital out so which plug is the best)

2. Should I just use a normal phono to phono and put a mono converter on one
end to make it 3.5mm - would a stereo converter be better to get the 5.1
stereo?

3. For 7.1 would I be better using 3.5mm jacks to 2 phonos from the analog
outputs or is the coaxial always going to be better?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gordon McFarlane