Hi Bruce,

And let me say most respectfully, that I don't think that it is either fair, or even legal for one to allege that one is in violation of the law just because one wants to make a recording for one's own personal use. I know, many people abuse their privileges, but in this country, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. This kind of action is not really a matter of legality, because recording devices per se aren't considered illegal, only the use of these devices in an act of piracy. One is also free to own a gun in this country, but that doesn't mean that any act engaged in by the user by that right is legal. Of course, it isn't legal to shoot your neighbor. At least at this point in time, I can't be arrested for having a recording device on my computer, but if I were to be found to be engaged in illegal activities through the use of that product, I would be charged with said illegal activity, not with the possession of an illegal device.