It shouldn't be, if looking from the back it should be on the right of the
speaker. Unless you and I have different carts.

Rod
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ibby Karbhari M-MT Consultancy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'PC audio discussion list. '" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 4:53 PM
Subject: RE: Looking For Mike Jack On SB Live Soundcard?

Paul
If looking at the PC from the back, on my PC the Mic jack is the one next to
the
left of the speaker jack.
Make sure you go to the control pannel and then to sounds and audio devices,
then go to the audio tab, then tab to the round recording volume button and
hit
the enter key.
Tab till you come to Analog Microphone and adjust the volume to as high as
you
want it and then make sure you tab to the select check box and press the
space
bar to check this box.
Press ALT+P to take you to the properties and type X to exit this area.
Tab to OK and you are done.
Close the control pannell and you are ready to talk.

Hope this helps and if you have Skype test out your system and give me a
call.

Ibby Karbhari - (Independent I.C.T Consultant)
Phone: 020 7243 0500
Mobile: 07799 768 771
. You can also talk with me on Skype by clicking on, or adding, my Skype
name,
IbbyKarbhari
Note that the I and the K are in caps and that there are no spaces in my
name.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]