Hello,

You may remember that I was complaining about the software that came with my
burner B's Gold and the Sony something or other as a burner.

Well I did a bit more  digging and I believe that the burner itself is the
problem.  I had uninstalled the B's thing and re-installed it and still no
luck. So before I spend any money on a new program that won't work because
the hardware is junk, I should replace it. In just the briefest of looks at
the prices I can tell that it is not worth trying to fix.
I am learning to dislike SONY.
What is a good burner? I guess I should go for the best for the buck. Heck
I'll go as far as to ask which one that is also capable of making DVD's is
the best.  I don't know  what I will do with that capability but why not
since I have to take the computer apart anyway!
Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Shannon