If you are using Jaws Version 6 or higher, you might want to try the sound
schemes manager--you can invoke a sound for just about any event taking place
in your computer.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: file download sounds

Hi Stephen.

I was not aware that there was any sound file associated to downloading.
Anyway, if you go into Control Panel then to Sounds and audio devices.  Then
Control Tab to Sound Schemes.  Press Tab twice and you will end on a list of
Window Sounds.  If you arrow down to the one you want to change, for the
particular task that Windows is performing, , press tab to browse and you
will be taken to the location of where all sound files are kept.

Hope this is of assistance.  get back if you need more assistance.  Good
luck.  Best wishes Andy