I have two FM transmitters from C Crane.  One is what they say is digital.
When I asked about it they said it was specifically for digital stuff from
the computer and whatever else.  So I bought that one.  The first one was
not digital.  I don't quite understand their differences.  They both work
exactly the same way except that I notice the digital one is louder.  I have
two computers and one transmitter plugged into  each one's soundcard.  They
have eighth-inch plugs on them.  I got tired of crawling under tables and
behind computer towers to plug them in.  So now each computer has a cable
plugged into it's soundcard, coming from a y connector, and leading up to
the computer tables.  This configuration works well.
Lois Goodine.