Wow Shane, that's a rave if ever I heard one, andI couldn't agree
more.  What I like about it just as much as its subtle hand on the
compression knob is the volume-raising effect it has on soft intros
without the pump sound you hear when the loud parts come in. Also, if
my subway- and datacenter-ruined ears do not deceive me, I detect a
bit of sonic expansion.  Listen to something with a lot of stereo
reverb on the center channel.  For example, Gordon Lighbtfoot's "The
Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" is a perfect example.  The voice
reverb on the sides seems louder to me than without VL turned on.

I'm just crazy about the thing.  I just wish now we could get it
through their heads at either Octiv or Plantronics to give us a
slightly better interface for all the sliders and knobs and whatever
else it's got that we can't get to.