Hello all!

A friend of mine has just told me about a new Panasonic video hard
drive recorder that's just come out, it has an Ethernet connection
which allows it to be networked to a computer or other video
recorder, a 400 gig hard drive and can record multi formats such as
MP3 etc, the built-in DVD drive will also record.  My friend works at
Panasonic and may be able to get a unit for me to try, would any list
members be interested in my findings?

As yet, I haven't been able to study the manual but I'm told that the
recorder features a html interface similar to those found on say the
Linksys Wireless Gateways or Hp fax devices, this interface allows
the user to edit chapter titles, playlists of recorded material and
I'm told, set menus and functions of the recorder itself and its this
last point that I'm personally very excited about for if it is indeed
true, then it means that the unit will be accessible and we can
bypass the displayed menus on the TV screen etc, not to mention
getting the full functionality that connecting a video recorder to a
comptuer can provide.