Okay, well I've just started playing with this beast and I'll write
what I've found thus far.

Now it appears that one can only access the hard drive through the
Ethernet port meaning that one can only manipulate files, change
titles, change playlists, change chapter titles etc and it would
appear that we were wrong as their doesn't seem to be a way to access
menus or other functions through the Ethernet connection although how
accessible the functions are through the conventional front buttons
or remote controller are yet to be seen, I'll keep testing.

Another factor that should be considered, even supposing everything
was accessible through the Ethernet port, would you really be willing
to pay over $3,000.00 Australian for one of these machines when the
cheaper and more accessible alternative would be to purchase another
computer with a couple of big hard drives, a good DVD R-W drive such
as a Pioneer DVR-110 screen reader and accessible TV tuner card?