Doc, thanks for the suggestion. However, I really don't think that's
the problem here. I'm already burning at 16X and I'm using a 3gb CPU,
and being from the relatively old school do not use my puter for
anything else save moving the WE mouse to the top of the screen to
read the status line while burning.

Interestingly, (and if anybody wishes to comment on this, please do),
I found in the Nero property sheet for making audio cds the option
for removing the pause between tracks by just putting a zero where
the 2 second pause is indicated, but after doing so, I was presented
with a dialog box that said my Lit-on player would still require a
2-3 second pause (maybe 1-3, if I recall correctly)   between the
first and second track, and would have to have to change some of my
settings in order to allow for the recording job to be successful.
Now I didn't uncheck the box that removes the silence between tracks
after making the change in the pausing, so I don't know if that might
have impacted on the recording to my satisfaction. After waiting four
cds on the project, I decided to give it a rest <g>.

What I think I might try the next time around, making a silent mp3
with total recorder, one of about 10 seconds in duration, and maybe
that will satisfy my burner's need to pause between the first and
second tracks. Still, I'm not sure if I will ever get an absolutely
smooth transition between tracks. It never happened when I was using
CDRWin, and I'm beginning to doubt that it will happen with Nero. If
anybody has succeeded at this, please be sure and kindly let me know <g>.

Thanks much,

Larry