Hello,

Could someone on this list point me to a comprehensive, reliable, and
accessible data base for recorded music, especially material from the
sixties and earlier.  What I hope to do is to plug in the name of an
artist along with one or more song titles and find out on what albums
these songs are available.

In the days of dos telnet, there were several such services, one
particularly in the South Bay area near San Jose California.

On a related note, I would like to be able to plug in the name of an
album along with the name of the artist and obtain a list of tracks on
that particular album.

Thanks in advance for meaningful suggestions.

Don Roberts