Jim,

 Highlight a file of a type you DON'T want played by Realplayer. Click on
Files, and on Open With. Select the player you DO want to play files of that
type, AND be sure to check the checkbox that says "always use this program
to open files of this type."

Since, I gather, Realplayer has already made itself your default player,
you'll have to do this, separately, for each files type currently played by
Realplayer that you want played by some other player. But that will probably
be easier than making some other player your default player, and, then,
trying to get Realplayer to play all and only the file types that only it
can play.

Good luck.

Blessed Be,

Dana
that's Dayna, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE