Josh and Matthew,

If your using JAWS and Eloquence, there's an easier way to accomplish this,
which does NOT require sighted assistance.

In the JAWS program folder, find and open the jfw.ini file. Fine the section
labeled
[Synthesizers] In this section, you'll find the following lines, with the
exception of the line I've marked with asterisks:

Synth1Name=eloq
Synth1LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
Synth1Driver=eloq
***Synth1Port=C-Media Wave Device***
Synth2Name=NoSpeech
Synth2LongName=No Speech
Synth2Driver=nospeech
Synth3Name=SAPI 5X
Synth3LongName=SAPI 5
Synth3Driver=sapi5x

Insert the line I marked with asterisks, BUT where I have C-Media Wave
Device, you must substitute the exact name of the sound card you want JAWS
to use, as it appears in the Default Device drop-down, in Control Panel,
Sound and Audio Devices, Audio page. (Be sure that the case and spacing in
the name you substitute is exact, and be sure there are no spaces on either
side of the equals sign.) This forces eloquence to use the named sound card,
regardless of which card is selected as the default device. You can now
select a different card as your default device, and JAWS will still use the
named device.

I don't remember the details of the original issue for which Josh wanted to
know how to use two different sound cards. But hope this will help.

Blessed Be,

Dana
that's Dayna, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE