I'm just getting truly immersed into JAWS, so please forgive my incredibly
inept question.

I'm using Sound Forge 8 with JAWS 7, as the subject line indicates.  When I
save a file in Sound Forge, JAWS repeatedly speaks the name of the file and
gives the percentage saved.  I've turned off the progress announcements for
this particular application.  Not only do I hear the progress bar, I hear it
in the most annoying way.  It begins by saying s s s s s several times, then
sa sa sa sa sa sa then it adds the v and so on.  I've no doubt that there
are scores of you who are using JFW 7 with Sound Forge 8.  I suspect you've
all long ago solved this, and again I ask your forgiveness in advance for
such a truly off the wall question.

Is there some kind of view I need to change in Sound Forge to end the
repetitive speaking of the progress bar?  I'd love to get a percentage every
few seconds, but I doubt seriously turning on the progress bar would change
the fact that the screen reader just continues to add letters and numbers
until it speaks the entire progress bar.

It seems to behave that way whether I'm using the PC cursor or the JAWS
cursor.  I've no doubt this is a simple fix--probably embarrassingly simple.
So please, by all means, embarrass me with the right answer.  <smile>

Kindest Regards,

Nolan Crabb