Hi this is Steve. I know this is a lengthy post, but here it goes.
I have had my Plextalk PTR1 for about 2 and a half years. I made a mistake I
had not
done before and wonder what I can do. I was recording for while and I had
the key describer lock on. When I was finished recording, I forgot I had the
lock on and pressed stop. My mind was elsewhere, because I also thought I
shut down the unit. Well, a little later, I pressed the button to release
the card and heard the error sound followed by drive error. I immediately
knew what I had done, but too late. When I put the card back in, it could
not be read. I then checked the available space on the card and the used
space was still accounted for.
I then put the card in my card reader and checked with the computer. I could
see everything except the MP3 file. On the PTR1, I didn't try to erase the
entire card, just in case there was something else I could do. If I can't
find an answer, I will then unfortunately have to erase the entire card. If
then, the used space is still accounted for, I will then know that part of
the card can no longer be used.
Sorry, for the long rambling, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you