Hi Nick,

First of all, thanks for the prompt reply!  Secondly I must apologize for
guessing about the Media Player version being 8.  In fact I have version
10...I knew it was the most current version, but couldn't recall the
specific number.

Anyway, I was surprised to find the rip option (on this computer) in the
menu that appeared upon insertion of my CD.  Don't know how I over looked
that before.  I will have to check the other computer to make sure, but
don't think the same option is given on my other system.  Just this
afternoon tried inserting the CD before loading Media Player, and the rip
option wasn't given in that menu.  Hmmm.  I had 3 options, play the CD,
explore the CD, and take no action.  I'll certainly give your steps for
manually ripping the CD a try no matter what options are given as they seem
clear and easy to follow.

Now for the issue of most importance to me at this point.  Should I be able
to use JAWS while a rip/burn is in process?  If so, it seems I have changed
some setting that disagrees with JFW.  When trying to use JFW during a
rip/burn, JAWS speaks horribly slow and jerky.  Could I have chose a wrong
setting?  Does it matter what format, speed, etc. that is used?  I really
think something is not right, because this only started happening after I
changed settings in Media Player.  When I have burned music via iTunes, JFW
has worked fine.  Perhaps (out of curiosity) I should try burning/ripping
via iTunes again to see how JFW reacts.

Again thanks for your help.

Katrina