Hi, Andrea,

Here are my personal notes I wrote up when I was first using MP3
Direct Cut. They may be helpful to you and others.
Jeff

MP3 Direct Cut Operating Notes

Page Up to move back or page down to go forward in fairly large time
increments.
Use left and right arrows to move in smaller increments.
Space bar to begin and stop playback.
Ctrl F4 to close a window within MP3 Direct Cut.

Recording
Consider muting Window Eyes.
Press R to open recording screen.
Press P to begin and S to stop.
If Append is checked in the configuration window, stopping and
restarting recording will continue in the same file thus acting as a
pause function.

Marking beginning & end of selection.
Press B for beginning or N for end while playback is stopped.
1 and 2 will adjust begin point B.
3 and 4 will adjust end point N.
These commands move by frame and are quite precise.

To listen to where the B and N marks are, use f5 and f6 to hear
before and after point B; and use f7 and f8 to hear before and after point N.
Use F9 to hear what the audio would be like if you were to delete the
currently selected segment of audio.

To append a file you must be using the older version 1.39:
Open the file to be appended to the end of another file,
Open File Menu and select Append To.
Press Shift Tab to locate file to append it to.
When desired file is found, just press Enter and it is done.
Then close this window with Ctrl F4.

press Control+A to select all, and then I believe the keystroke is
Control+D. This should open up a dialog box like a Windows explorer
window to allow selection of the file to append your open file to.

To delete an audio selection just press Delete.
To save the newly shortened file, use Save All in File Menu.

To save an audio selection open File Menu and select save selection, Ctrl E.

  To jump to a specific time in an open file:
Use Ctrl P to open edit field.
The edit field shows total time and current NOW time.
Merely move with right arrow key to type desired time in the NOW
location; press Enter.
Now press space bar to begin playback.