Behringer makes several audio processors.  The one you would
probably be interested in is the MDX2600.  It is a 2 CHANNEL
COMPRESSOR/LIMITER/EXPANDER and the two channels can be link
together and used in stereo, that is, the channels follow
each other.  If the sound in the left channel is louder than
the sound in the right channel, the level of both channels
will be at the same level to prevent an unbalanced sound.

It sells for around a hundred and nine dollars.

Tom