----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: XP Media center with screen readers?

> Hi Larry.
>
> Nice to see a fellow music/tv user, recognise the future!  Like yourself,
> I'm considering the purchase of a Windows, XP Media Center edition,
> because
> I'd like to combine my music, video, DVD, television and computer in the
> one
> package.  I've been asking for some months now for anyone who is
> knowledgeable or interested in this aspect of technology to contact me but
> unfortunately, there is, surprisingly, little interest in this subject
> from
> this list.  I find this very difficult to get my head around because this
> list is normally, very up to date with technology issues, but do they not
> realise that within a few years, we will simply have no option, other than
> to purchase the Media Center version of windows.
Hmm i don't seem to see why you feel this is the case. The media center
simply isn't necessary for most of us.  In any case, it makes good
> sense to have everything you wish coming from the one unit doesn't it?
Not if its limited by foolish copyright restriction.

> They say that our future comes from America and what is happening over
> there
> will be hear in a year or so don't they, well,
Absolutely not, america is by far one of the slowest countries in the
modern world, especially out of first world countries about adopting new
technologies. Asia, is where the future will be comming from. WEven the
united kingdom is ahead of us at adoption.
 have a listen to the