From: "Steve Pattison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 2:23 PM
Subject: Sound Forge 8.0d is now Available

Sound Forge 8.0d is now available.  I have listed
the changes in this version as well as those in
version 8.0c because I don't think they have been
posted to this list previously.  Here are the changes for both versions:

Notable fixes/changes in version 8.0d

Support has been added for opening and rendering
ATRAC3T, ATRAC3plusT, and ATRAC
Advanced LosslessT files.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge
to crash when bypassing certain
plug-ins using automation envelopes.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge
to crash when starting the Batch
Converter script if the current file had not yet been saved.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge
to crash when running scripts that
use markers in a media file and attempt to close the media file via the script.
A bug has been fixed that could prevent you from
dragging regions from the Regions
List window to the workspace or to an empty data window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge
to freeze when starting playback
on some systems.
Improvements have been made to resolve issues with certain VST effects.
An issue has been fixed that could cause some VST
effects to unexpectedly revert
to their default settings.
A bug has been fixed that caused preset labels in
the Mix, Crossfade, and MIDI Trigger
dialogs to display incorrect settings.
A bug has been fixed that prevented arrow keys
from drawing straight lines with the
Pencil tool when holding the left mouse button.
A bug has been fixed that caused recording to
stop prematurely when recording 88.2
kHz audio.
A bug has been fixed that prevented you from
undoing sample-rate changes made via
the status bar.
A bug has been fixed that caused file lengths to
be displayed incorrectly in the
Explorer window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause lengths to
be displayed incorrectly in the
Undo/Redo History window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Insert
Silence to display incorrect time values
in the Batch Converter.
A bug has been fixed that caused the Post-roll
setting from Preferences > Previews
to be ignored.
Various issues with the Auto Trim/Crop function have been resolved.
A bug has been fixed that caused the Markers to
Regions command to fail if a selection
existed in a file.

Notable fixes/changes in version 8.0c

A bug has been fixed that could cause ASIO
devices to stop working after installing
the Sound Forge 8.0b update.
A bug that affected rendering and reading of
large AIF files has been fixed: 16-bit,
44.1 kHz stereo AIF renders are now limited to
approximately 03:22:53 of audio (536,870,909
samples); 24 bit, 96 kHz stereo renders are now
limited to approximately 01:02:08
of audio (357,913,940 samples); the largest file
that can be rendered as AIF is approximately
2GB in size. Sound Forge 8.0c will continue to
load files created with previous releases
that exceed these limits, though other applications may fail to load them.
A bug has been fixed that could cause problems reading some VOX or IVC files.
General improvements have been made to scripting
and the Batch Converter script.
When developing scripts, be sure to use the latest version of the
scripting SDK.

Regards Steve
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype:  steve1963