Hi Dennis
You don't have to do anything on your end at all, other than set up
your webpage.  The idea here is that the user of the iPod or other
mp3 player must transfer the  files themselves, you don't help them
transfer it.  All you do is provide the files and the rest is up to
them.  I will tell you though, that because of the limitations of
some mp3 players, it's probably a good idea to provide the files at
reasonably high quality.  Some mp3 players choke on lower quality
stuff, or in the case of mine, they just skip right over it.  So make
sure that your files are encoded at an absolute minimum of 64k bps,
44.1 KHZ.  If it's got music or other sound effects, go for stereo.
If it's just speech, you can go ahead and do mono.
I wouldn't go any higher than 128k though unless the recording
requires it.  So again, the owner of the iPod must transfer the files
on their own.  All you do is upload the files, maybe set up a podcast
feed so that when new ones come out, they'll be sent out to people
automatically, and that's pretty much it.

If you want to know more about podcasting, go to
http://www.podcast411.com