Hi,

One of the file output formats offered by this program is called
something like .wav (Fraunhoffer) mp3 codec. When I choose this format,
I get a nice surprise. Files which are about half the size of mp3 128
bps which to my ears sound every bit as good. But there's one very
puzzling fact. The files are saved as .wav files. WinAmp will not play
them. But, if you rename the file to .mp3, it plays in winAmp and in wmp
on a pac mate.

Why aren't these file simply named .mp3 in the first place? Does anyone
know how to deal with this?

Thanks,
Js