On Sat, 6 May 2006 11:03:49 -0400, you wrote:

>uhm, why?

Why not?  Why do I need five different pieces of software to do one
thing?  Let the software figure out which protocol is being used.
What do I, the user, care?  Just like using Easy CDDA Extractor as a
one-stop program for all my ripping and file-conversion needs instead
of this one for this and that one for that.  Somebody puts out a new
DLL for X-speech-client, you download the new module, put it in place,
and you're done. The front-end stays the same, you have a much smaller
file to download when updates occur, etc.  ECDX could certainly take
advantage of this particular form of update distribution, but we won't
go there for  now.