Hi.  I can say for sure that Total Recorder edits ogg files
directly.  I don't know about how it edits wma files because I don't
use them very much.  I use ogg files for almost everything these
days.  I have recorded wma files with Total Recorder 6 though, and
the sound quality is very rich and clear.  You might have a look at
the FAQ on the Total Recorder web site to find out how it processes
data for the wma files.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com