hi tyler,
the reason that is is because of the bitrate. it's probably set at like 320
or some garbage like that. you get just as good results with 192 cbr, or vbr
around 192 even. personally, i use ogg. i don't mind having a bit less
quality, so i use the OU2V3 ogg encoder with CDEX, which allows me to use
bitrates around 70 kbps with only a slight squeezing of the stereo image,
and not many artifacts detectable at all, but at the same time allows me to
fit about 210 songs on my 512 mb mp3 player, and some of those songs are
metallica's live stuff, which is pretty darned long.
brandon

Brandon Hicks
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: callto://reyuth