I recently was told by  Hp support that they do not support two sound cards.
I don't have official email about this but was told by a support supervisor
that they can not help me if I want to use a second audio card at the same
time.

Today, Creative support emailed me and also told me Creative does not
support two sound cards.

Neither company has given me a reason why they do not support two sound
cards or how one device can cause the other not to work properly.

It seems Creative can not help me with any problems I might have running the
other card even if it is caused by updating their drivers.

Creative support told me to update the drivers to fix another problem.  Now
I've lost the ability to use the first sound card (Realtek AC'97) for speech
and system sounds again.

Needless to say, I will be ditching the Audigy 4 Pro even though it has so
many great features and does sound good.  I will probably buy a USB sound
device to use for speech or even get a serial port adaptor so I can run my
LiteTalk on this computer.  I know many people have run down Creative sound
cards on this list before but they never really gave good reasons so I
didn't pay much attention.  Now I wish I had.

I will never buy another HP product.  I advise any blind people not to buy
HP computers if they wish to run more than one sound card.