I had a similar problem once.  It was probably over kill, but I ended up
reinstalling my sound card drivers to fix it.  Once I did, I discovered a
volume control in my sound card driver, which probably would have fixed
the problem for me in the first place.  Have you looked around for a
volume control in your Sound Blaster software or driver?

Christopher

Christopher J Chaltain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rachel D Keyte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06/25/2006 06:21 AM
Please respond to
"PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>

pc-audio@pc-audio.org
cc

Subject
major sound problem

Hi all,
  Got a very annoying problem that I'm wondering if anyone can help me
with.
>  For a while now my entire computer volume has been a lot quieter
> than it should be. For a while I didn't have a volume control
> installed as I had accidently removed it when I was sposed to
> remove another windows component,  (yes I thought it was strange
> one could uninstall a volume control but anyway ...) so I installed
> it again - had to have the windows disc and everything, and when I
> did, everything was set at 100% as I always had my computer volume
> set too, but it's still quiet! It's so bad that a lot of the time
> now, when i am listening to poor audio files, I will have to have
> my speakers turned up nearly full bore.
>Guys is there any way that one can reset their sound card or
>something? I'm running win xp pro and a creative sound blaster PCI
>sound card on a pentiam 3 computer. it's old - got it in 2000 but
>works quite well apart from this annoyance now.
>Thanks in advance for any help,
>Cheers!

                 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Slightly                  out-dated website:
http://www.racheldk.webhop.net

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we