Cool! Thanks! Sounds doable, but I'm going to look into skylook too, at
least the trial.
Allison

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Brent Harding
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:59 PM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: update on recording problems.

VAC could help record Skype in 2 ways. First, it puts the caller and you on
isolated virtual sound cards, and also the drivers have the ability to be
recorded from by more than one program at a time like a virtual splitter.
Their audio repeater allows audio to be routed to and from the real sound
card such that JFW or any other sounds wouldn't get in the call or recording

or the caller hearing himself fed back. You could then use the mic selection

as normal. If you had Outlook, not the express one but the one with the
calendar and stuff that Office gives you, you don't have to set up this mess

on every reboot or time you want to record Skype. The VAC idea isn't so bad
if things could be started and stopped easily, but the repeater has to be
run in 2 or 3 instances to tie it all together and it isn't really possible
to have start on boot.