at the start of the blank space press shift l. control end will take you to
the bottom of the file. You can press shift +r at the end to highlite the
end of the file and delete that portion by pressing the delete key.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bentley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 4:08 AM
Subject: Total recorder v 6

    Hello

I am new to the list and new to sound recording.

Using Total Recorder I am trying to convert taped material to digital
format. I have two questions.

1. In the new recording the track length is far longer than the actual
recording. I have been deleting this by selecting the unwanted part by
setting a left boundary (shift +l) and then playing to the end setting a
right boundary and then deleting. This is quite time consuming. Is there a
quick way of deleting this unused space at the end of the track?

2. Using the automatic optimal sound recording level I find there is still a
little distortion in the recording though there is not in the original. Do I
get rid of this by reducing the recording source volume  or the recording
level? Is there a general guideline or is it just a matter of trial and
error?

Thanks for any help.

Peter Bentley

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we