The New World Order keeps rolling right along, right on schedule!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Pattison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:44 PM
Subject: Article: US Official: AllofMP3 Must Shut Down

This article is taken from the Beta News Home page at
www.betanews.com.  -Steve.

US Official: AllofMP3 Must Shut Down
By Ed Oswald,
BetaNews
October 5, 2006, 11:43 AM

The United States is continuing to pressure Russia to shut down the
music site allofmp3.com,
with a top trade official saying Wednesday it would be hard to see
the country being
a member of the WTO with the site still operating in the country.

Calls for AllofMP3's demise are again surfacing as the two countries
attempt to restart
negotiations for Russia to enter the international trade group. Talks
stalled in
July after persistent disagreements related to agriculture and
intellectual property
issues.

Representatives from both Russia and the U.S. will meet in Geneva,
Switzerland next
week with a goal of having an agreement by the end of this month.
However, it is
likely a non-negotiable stipulation of the talks will be the shutting
down of the
music site.

AllofMP3 claims it has licenses from Russian Multimedia and Internet
Society (ROMS)
and the Rightholders Federation for Collective Copyright Management
of Works Used
Interactively (FAIR).

However, neither the U.S. nor Britain recognize those licenses, and
the British music
industry sued the site in July. Joining the WTO has been a publicly
stated goal of Russian President Putin,
and he has begun to talk about intellectual property rights issues in
the country
recently.

"The dialogue is continuing. We're making progress slowly but
steadily and we'll
see if we can get there," US Trade Representative Susan Schwab was
quoted by Reuters
as saying to reporters. "There's no guarantee that we'll get it done."

Regards Steve
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype:  steve1963
MSN Messenger:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we